Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Snow!

Today we had our first snowfall! As soon as Clara woke up from her nap and saw it snowing she wanted to "go out in SNOW, Mama!" So we bundled up and headed out! She thought it was the funniest thing that Sadie had white snow on her back. We ran around in the (very wet) snow flakes for awhile and Clara had a blast trying to catch them on her tongue.


Awhile later, however, I caught her picking snowflakes up off the ground and putting them in her mouth! Oh my, this child never ceases finding ways to make me laugh. After we were thoroughly wet, we came inside, built a fire in the woodstove and sat in front of it drinking tea and eating peanut butter balls rolled in coconut to make them look like snowballs. It has continued snowing since and there's quite a blanket of white on the ground! Clara will be so excited to get back out in the snow in the morning, she wanted to go out in it at least 3 or 4 more times during the evening.

I unintentionally offended Clara this evening. We're doing some rearranging of toys and I also took the diaper pail and changing table out of Clara's room and moved the dresser. I was planning to put her dolls' little wicker bassinet in the newly freed up corner of the room. Clara came in, saw it and immediately told me she needed to take it out. "But why, baby?"
"This not a good place for them. This is my room!" *said with great pathos and hands held out to the sides*
I never thought she would see the little doll bed as an encroachment on her personal space! I cannot even remember the last time she has played with these dolls or the bed, but I thought if I set up a special place for them with their clothes and things in her room they might get some more play time. She was incredibly offended about the whole thing all evening, walking around with her head down and looking at me sideways like I was trying to displace her with some dolls. I did ask her where she would like to put the bed but she couldn't give me any answer other than, "out." They got moved in and out several times. Then, in one of those typical two-year-old reversals, she decided right before bed that she wanted them in her room and she wanted to sleep on the floor next to them! Oh my. So now their little bed is right next to her crib. We'll see what she thinks of the whole thing in the morning. It is so fascinating to me to watch the way her brain works.

1 comment:

  1. a timely message just in case you were thinking of adding another baby to the mix...? :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete