Monday, October 24, 2011

Caterpillar!

Today we found a fuzzy caterpillar on the driveway after we got home from running errands. He was so cute! Clara held him for awhile and then gently moved him to the grass in the yard. How nice of her to "help him get back home!"


To see more of our morning adventures, come visit over at Stirrup to Stirrup

Terrific tenderness: Clara has such a tender little heart. Last Friday we were at the Goulds' while Luke was working on Mercy with a vet. The vet took out her hoof testers (they look like ginormous pliers) and Clara started crying. "No Mommy! No Mommy! What she do Mercy, Mommy? She not hurt her!" I explained that the vet wasn't going to hurt her but help Daddy make her feel better. Even after two feet had been tested, Clara insisted, "She not do other feet. She not do that more." Her little face was a study in concern as she watched closely to make sure Mercy didn't get hurt. 

Then, this afternoon I went into our garage to get out some gardening tools and found a tiny stray kitten hiding in the corner. He wouldn't let me catch him so I kept an eye on him and waited until Luke got home. Clara was also up so she watched as we caught him and put him in Sadie's old crate. The whole time she kept saying to me, "He's so tiny Mama. He needs his Mommy!" Each time she said this her lower lip would quiver and she would almost start to cry. Once he was in the crate she told him, "It's okay kitty. You no have to be scared. We will take care of you." After dinner and a couple of phone calls, we transferred the kitty to a smaller box so Luke could take him to our friends' animal rescue. Kitty, of course, was not a fan and kept mewing and mewing. Clara knelt by the crate and said softly, "I know. I know kitty. I know. It's okay kitty. I know kitty. You no have to be scared. I know. We will help you. It's okay. Tracy will take care of you. It's okay." Over and over she told him, "I know. It's okay." It was so precious to hear her doing her best to comfort this little stray kitten. What a huge and special responsibility to shepherd this tender heart God placed in my sweet little girl!

1 comment:

  1. pigtales? adorable.

    we keep talking about the kitty story. what a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete