Friday, December 2, 2011

Surveying the Unknown

At least, that's what this picture makes me think of. She told me this was her walking stick and had a great time with it in the yard today. She had to keep defending it from Sadie, who thought it should be hers to play with.


Clara is one funny kid. She met a new friend, named Chelsie, on Sunday and yesterday came in the kitchen asking me, "What Chelsie doing Mama?" I was so confused until I realized she had heard "in excelsis deo" on the radio! I tried to explain to her that it was not about Chelsie, it was a song about when Jesus was born, but I don't think it got through because the rest of the day she kept asking me, "Where's Chelsie's deo Mom? What Chelsie's deo doin' Mom?"

She was also trying to tell Luke something about a blanket but was having trouble spitting the word out and kept saying "blanklet." Finally she said, in exasperation, "Daddy, I can't say it! Can you say it for me?!?"
"Blanket?"
"Uh huh."

1 comment:

  1. Tell her Bruce sometimes has the same problem, and I have to enunciate the word for him. I am not kidding.

    ReplyDelete