Thursday, December 15, 2011

Confession

I don't have a picture for yesterday. We drove all over the place in the morning, got home in time for a late nap, had dinner and I headed off to choir. By the time I returned, Clara was in bed. I didn't even realize I hadn't taken any pictures until I plugged the camera in to download pictures from the day! I thought about posting a picture from earlier in the week. I felt a little bit like a failure. 365 days of pictures was my goal, and now it's unattainable. But as I thought back over our day, I realized how many pictures I do have.

Clara, brown corduroy jumper with flowers on it, pink leggings and white with light pink polka dot shirt, hair pulled back with bows, helping Mrs. Center place napkins on all the tables for the Advent luncheon we helped to serve. Helping to decorate the tables with pinecones and red berries. Circling round and round the Christmas tree, gazing at all the pictures of church members. Her resounding "Amen!" at the end of each prayer during the short service. Eyes lighting up as we started singing "Go, Tell it on the Mountain" (one of her favorites at the moment). Doing her absolute best to "help" carry the trays of sandwiches and cookies to the tables. Marching up and down the rows of tables as the (mostly elderly) crowd ate, prompting smiles wherever she went. Chatting away with some of the other helpers as she ate her own lunch. She just lit up the whole room and it was wonderful to see her little heart learning the joy of serving others.

She is such a blessing, not only to me, but to almost everyone she comes in contact with. This has been my prayer since before she was born which I still pray over her nightly - that she would be filled with the Holy Spirit from a young age; that she would shine the light of Jesus to all those around her; that she would share His love wherever she goes. I love to see the smiles she prompts among everyone she comes in contact with and it is my constant prayer that she would learn and desire to use her natural ability to fill others with joy to glorify God and honor Him in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment