Thursday, September 1, 2011

Terrific Twos

When I was a little girl I remember people asking my dad (father of six) about the “terrible twos.” Each time, without fail, he would respond something along the lines of, “They’re not terrible, they’re terrific!” I remember being impressed at the importance of expectation and focus on reality, even at such a young age.

Tomorrow, my own little girl turns two. I can’t believe the terrific twos are already here! To help keep my focus in the right direction, look for the grace in daily life, and enjoy how terrific the twos can be, I will be taking (at least) one picture each day throughout this next year and sharing it here in a celebration of the terrific twos. I know each day will not be easy, but I also know that there will be small moments worth celebrating each day and that is what I will be looking for. Care to join me? Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it! Can't wait to see your terrific twos...I've got one in the "Fantastic Fives" and the "Thrilling Threes" right now, and yet another one to go through the terrific twos next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "picture a day" blogs and with my own granddaughter as the subject, this will be the best one yet! Great idea, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete