Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tea Party

Clara got lots of play food for her birthday and she loves playing with all of it! One of her favorite things to do is dump her whole bucket of play food on the floor and then call, "Mama, play food with me!" We pretend to eat all sorts of things, share bites and have a grand time. Today we included Lucy the Moose in the fun and Clara made sure to find Lucy her own plate and utensils.


Unphotographed terrificness: We really had a great day today. We didn't do much that was too exciting, but we had lots of fun! We made Clara a new apron and she had lots of fun helping. We listened to music and had impromptu dance parties. We had tea parties on the floor. Clara was happy and cooperative, had lovely manners, picked up her toys when asked and was generally easy going; several times when I asked her to do something she said, "Okay, Mommy!" Makes my heart happy. But my two favorite moments were at mealtimes. At lunch, I lit a candle and Clara said, "For my birthday!"
Me: "No, it's to remind us about the Holy Spirit and that God is always with us."
Clara (looking around): "Mommy, where'd God go???"
Me: God is here with us right now (Clara looks uncertain) - we can't see God, but He's always with us.
Clara (emphatically): "MmmmHHMMMM!"

At dinner, Clara pointed to me repeatedly and told Luke, "That's my Mommy! That's my Mommy!" After awhile she started pointing to Luke as well and telling me, "That's my Daddy!" It was so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment