Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mama's Helper

Clara has such a helping spirit, which is a real blessing to me. Today she was insistent on helping me put dinner together (which we actually did before lunch - it makes our evenings so much nicer when I plan ahead and do this!). She tried her best to peel the carrots, which is hard work for a 2 year old!


More blessings: the past few days Clara has really fallen in love with reading her Bible. I've been more intentional about it as well; we've read a little at every mealtime, both from her children's Bible and from my ESV. We've also spent lots of time reading Bible stories at her request and talking about God. "Mommy, where is God?"
"He's here with us baby, right now."
"He's here in our house?"
"Uh huh."
"He come to my house?"
"Yes sweetie, God is always here with us even though we can't see Him."
"Mommy, where God go??"
"God is everywhere, sweetheart. He is here in our house, He is in heaven, He is with Daddy at work..."

We had this conversation several times over today. Clara was very concerned with God's whereabouts. She also regularly tells me, "God gave us moon, Mama," which is something our dear friend Kristen told her when we had a campfire at their house and the moon was near full. It's so precious and also so terrifying to be having these conversations with my little girl! I'm so touched at how tender and open her heart is towards God and I want to teach her well!

1 comment:

  1. Keep on keeping on, I LOVE when they ask lots of questions! So truly precious when God opens their little minds. You'll do great, but continue to pray for wisdom and insight into her heart...a tough challenge! I LOVE her little apron, that's darling!

    ReplyDelete