Friday, September 30, 2011

Hi!

I realized as I was looking over the past month of pictures that there were no up close and personal shots of my cutie's face! The main reason is probably that she's in near-constant motion, so it's hard to get a good shot of her face. But for anyone who's been waiting, here's one from today. Not the best ever, but I think her personality shines through. This was as we were getting ready to head to the grocery store this afternoon.


Speaking of the grocery store, one of the terrific things about my kiddo is that she is a great errand-runner. She is usually happy in the car, loves shopping at any store and doesn't mind making multiple stops. In fact, whenever we leave a store her first question is usually, "We go 'nuther grocery store Mama?" It is a joy to be out and about with her and I am blessed that the grocery store is one of her favorite places.

I am also blessed that she is doing so well with potty learning. We have been going super slow and I have held way back from pushing her in any way. She loves to have no diaper and for the past week has had zero accidents although she has been 100% diaper free at home. She is great about finding the potty on her own, holding her skirt up and calling me when she's done. Today, at her request, she wore pants for the first time (we've been in skirts and dresses a LOT lately!). No underwear, but pants. She went all morning with no accidents! I was so proud of her! This afternoon she was in diapers for our errands and then diaper free for the evening. She is turning into such a big girl and taking so much responsibility. I think she was proud of herself this morning, too, because she kept saying to me, "My pants still dry, Mama! I no go potty in my pants. My pants still all dry!"

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of Clara!
    I want to tell a story on Lindele and potty training. Lindele denies my rendition but it is true.

    BEFORE we had Daryl, Lindele would sometimes take the floor amongst our friends and indignantly bewail parents who "use candy to bribe their children." I remembered because Lindele is not one to take the floor indignantly lightly and does it rarely.

    Fast forward a couple years and I come home from the office to find Daryl on the potty with a handful of M&Ms proud as I can be. Many M&Ms later he was potty-trained. I hope Aunt Lindele doesn't read this...

    ReplyDelete