Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oops!


Imagine my surprise when I came to do tonight's picture and saw that I never actually posted yesterday's! I had it all done up and somehow must have gotten distracted before I hit the "publish" button. Oops! Here it is:

Clara was snuggling with Jija tonight, the teddy bear that was my favorite ever since Aunt Laura brought him to me in Kenya when I was 4 months old (I think?). The story goes that I used to sit and just look at him and say, "Jija, Jija, Jija..." Clara thinks he's great - he's one of several stuffed animals that surround the head of her crib. She told me very seriously tonight, "Mama, he's mine. He's mine, Mama." I gently told her that no, he's Mama's but you are taking care of him for me right now. She solemnly agreed.


3 comments:

  1. But when you were little, I don't think Jija ever wore a diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jija! You still have him! <3

    (I couldn't find how to comment as "Laura," but maybe everyone will recognize me as "bkpkr.")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, of course I still have him!! He'd been a little lonely for awhile though until Clara came along. :) She goes through phases where she's attached to different ones of her stuffed animals and he's been on top a lot lately - sharing the spot with Lucy the Moose.

    I don't think he ever wore a diaper before, I've been meaning to take it off actually. I put that on him a long time ago when Clara didn't want to be changed but was happier if Jija got changed too. Now that she's not in diapers anymore he probably doesn't need to be either!

    ReplyDelete