Friday, February 17, 2012

Mittens

Pictures will be back tomorrow. Meanwhile, I had to post this conversation that we had in the truck today. I was absolutely dying of (mostly silent) laughter!

Scene: We are in the truck, driving home from visiting friends. Clara is still rear-facing, so imagine this whole conversation with only her voice from the back.

C - My mitten! I dropped my mitten! I want it!
D - Where is your mitten? Did you drop it?
C - I dropped my mitten.
M - Where is it?
C - Where is it Mommy?
M - Did you drop it?
C - I think so.
*pause*
D - We have to stop up here to get the mail and we can get your mitten then.
C - What mitten?
D - Did you drop your mitten?
C - What mitten?
D - The mitten that you dropped. Do you want it?
C - I dropped my mitten.
D - I know. Do you want it? Do you want us to get your mitten?
C - Where is it?
D - Did you drop it?
C - Yeah. I dropped my mitten.
D - We can stop up here to get the mail and get your mitten.

C (offended) - What are you laughing at Mommy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment