Saturday, February 4, 2012

February 3


Luke and Clara on Jubil, going for a ride with Sadie. Predictably, Clara didn't want to get off. When they did finally get off, Clara announced, "I want to shoe her!" Talk about making a Daddy proud! So Luke got out his farrier's hammer and Clara tapped the nails in Jubil's shoes to make sure they were in tight. Then he got out his wire brush and she brushed out Jubil's hind feet. She wants to be just like her Daddy!

And speaking of Daddies, Clara has been talking about God a lot lately. She often asks when we are driving in the car, "Is God going with us? Is He in the car with us? Is God sitting next to me?" The day as we were heading upstairs for nap Clara asked, "Is God coming with us? Can He brush my teeth?" She always wants to know where exactly He is: "Is He in the room with us? Is He standing right over there (and she'll point)?" It is so sweet to hear her little mind working through who God is, how He can be with us even though we can't see Him, and exactly how He's related to us. I often feel so inadequate for the job of teaching her and can only pray that He will give me wisdom when I need it most!

No comments:

Post a Comment