Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 16

It's often hard to get Clara to come back in from the barn for breakfast after feeding the horses. Today we didn't make it inside until 9 o'clock because Clara decided she needed to sweep. "I'm sweeping the hay so we can walk, Mommy. I need to sweep so we can walk. It's hard work for me." Who can argue with that? She sure pushed a lot of hay around with her huge broom!


Later in the morning I was putting laundry away and left the bedroom where Clara was pretending to give herself a shower so I could get some clean sheets and towels. When I returned I found her completely naked and covered from head to toe in bath gel, which she was smearing all over herself with glee. "I was dirty Mommy, so I'm washing myself! Now I'm really clean!!" So "clean" and soapy, in fact, that she was glistening! Needless to say she went straight into the real shower, where it took quite a bit of water to wash off all that perfumed soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment