Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Creative Cooking

Cooking cookies from her fort.


It didn't last too long. She said, "This is hard for me, Mommy. I will come and cook down there with you." We did a lot of measuring sugar. Clara kept pulling little boxes out of her stove (which also serves as a cupboard): "This is sandwich sugar. It's special just for me. And for you..... this is blue sugar... this is cream sugar. It's good for me and you. This is ice cream sugar. I like ice cream! I can have it. Ummm, this is other sugar, it's special for us. We can use it. Okay, that's all the sugar!" Whew! My blood sugar is spiking just thinking about that much sugar all at once!

Bible study started again today and we are so glad! Clara had a blast seeing all her friends after a break for the holidays, even though she was a little unsure about heading to the nursery at first. But this morning as we were getting ready she was talking non-stop about seeing Brandi, the young girl who helps out in the nursery. "Mommy, will Brandi like these pants?" "Will Brandi like my socks, Mommy?" "Mommy, I want to bring baby Joy. Will Brandi like baby Joy, Mommy?" "Mommy, will Brandi like my hair clips?" "What's Brandi doing right now, Mommy? I think she's eating breakfast. Is she eating rice pudding for breakfast? Does Brandi like rice pudding, Mommy?" And then, when we left Bible study: "Where's Brandi, Mommy? Is she going to visit her Daddy at work?" It is so cute to see her look up to some of the older girls she knows and I am so thankful for the positive role models she has in her life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE the header!

    Whew, that's a lot of sugar. Good thing it's imaginary!

    Love you sweetie...

    ReplyDelete