Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Cold is Here

After a long while and wondering if it was ever going to come, it is finally cold here! Today our high was around 18 and tonight it's supposed to be down around zero. After our out and about and rather rough day yesterday, it was nice to just hang out in our cozy house, not go anywhere, read books, do a few projects but not get too ambitious. I am having a hard time getting back into a routine after two weeks of guests and Daddy on vacation and I think Clara is too - I know for sure she is missing all the playmates! Today while I was washing some dishes she started asking from the living room, "Mommy, what's that? What's that? I couldn't tell what she was pointing to so I walked over to where she was a realized she was looking out the window. There was a huge flock of birds in our neighbor's field that looked like they were doing the wave! One end of the flock would fly up, flutter around and settle back down. As they went down the next section would flutter up, and so on. Clara was fascinated and climbed up on the trunk so she and baby Joy could watch.


Other favorite moments:
Before lunch she was spreading out blankets for us to lie down on and said, "Oh, let's take my slippers off. It's hard to lie down with my slippers on." I gave a tiny little chuckle and she immediately responded with, "Don't laugh at me!" She proceeded to laugh at herself and then repeated, "Don't laugh at me!"


Getting her up from her "nap" (no sleeping today) - this is one of my favorites every day because I tap rhythms on her door with my fingers and every time I tap, she squeals and laughs and bounces and squeals some more and I can hear her through the door and when I open the door to go in she is full of laughter and giggles.

Watching her light up as she told Daddy all about a James Herriot story we read today about a little lost kitten that ends up suckling from a pig. She loved the story and just glowed while she was telling Daddy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment